Hey there! Late Monday today entry today, cause I've gone to have breakfast with my friends with uni (I took some carrot cake cupcakes with me for them) and then came home for lunch and then straight to work, so I'm just sharing my first improvisation for cupcakes that I made for my youngest nephew, Alex!
So for Monday Munchies: Chocolate with fluff & nutella cupcakes! For the base cupcakes, I used the chocolate recipe from Alma's Cupcakes (from the little booklet with recipes that she gave us during the beginners' course).
Chocolate with fluff & nutella cupcakes!
- 115 gr butter, room temperature
- 220 gr granulated sugar
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 240 gr plain flour
- 30 gr cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120 ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF). Line the cupcake pan with paper cases.
- Cream the butter with the sugar till whitens and is well mixed. Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each one till it's well combined.
- Sift together the flour, with the baking powder and cocoa. In a glass mix the milk with the vanilla extract.
- Add half the flour to the mixture and mix well, then add half the milk and beat till well combined again, then add the other half of the flour, beat well and lastly, add the rest of the milk.
- Distribute the mixture on the paper cases, till about 2/3. Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean,
- Let cool in the cupcake pan for about 5 mins, and then place in a rack to let cool completely.
Once cooled off, with an apple corer, take a bit off each cupcake, taking care not to get to the bottom of the cupcake!
Then fill them up (not till the very top!) with Fluff! (Marshmallow cream, yum!), I used a pipping bag to fill them up.
Once they're full with Fluff, it's time to put back the chocolate bit we took out, though the Fluff might pop it out a bit! To fix that, I melted a bit of Nutella (I did it in the oven, since it was hot from baking them), and I used it to cover the cupcakes, to keep the chocolate bit in and to finish it off! I added a few snowflake sprinkles!
They looked pretty nice, and Alex absolutely loved them!!