It's Monday once again, and after my adventure stuck in Heathrow for 5 days due to climate conditions and poor preparations from BAA, after Christmas, and after an awful morning shift today at work... I'm finally back on track on my blog!
And to celebrate, nothing like a yummy new recipe. Quick, easy & healthy for after indulging in Christmas, and enough of a comfort food for the cold days we have ahead! This one is filling enough to be a single dish dinner or served with some salad.
- 4 small eggplants
- 1 onion
- 150 gr grated cheese
- 200 gr cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- Small branch of parsley
- Small branch of mint
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Salt & Black pepper
- Blunt & cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Spread the sea salt on them and leave them facing down for about 30 minutes in veggie drainer, so they’ll lose their bitterness. Wash & dry them up with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) and bake them in a baking tray for 30 or 35 minutes. While still warm hollow them with a small spoon, be careful to keep the skin intact, and reserve the pulp for later.
- Peel and chop the onion in small pieces, fry it in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan for about 7 minutes. Then transfer it to a bowl with the grated cheese, the cottage cheese crumbled, the chopped parsley & mint, the two beaten eggs and the chopped eggplants pulp. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix till combined well.
- Stuff the eggplant halves with this mix and bake again at 180ºC for about 15 to 20 minutes. Grill for about 5 more minutes till the top starts to turn a lil brown.
- Transfer to plates, two halves per person, and serve while still pipping hot. Enjoy!