Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tell Me Tuesdays #29!!


Tell Me Tuesdays is a meme/feature created by the awesome ladies of Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library, where we can share how we choose the book we are currently reading from our TBR pile!

I'm always curious about that, cause as much as I tend to make myself a rough schedule for books to read and the like, I'm quite a mood reader and sometimes I just HAVE to ignore my schedule and read something else!


I almost forgot to post my Tell Me Tuesday post this week! I was so tired yesterday and then this morning I was so busy with the kitchen thing, I nearly forgot!!



Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre


In Book 2 of the Immortal Game trilogy, Edie must learn the rules of the game . . . and then play better than anyone else.

Through a Faustian bargain, Edie Kramer has been pulled into the dangerous world of the Immortal Game, where belief makes your nightmares real. Hungry for sport, fears-made-flesh are always raising the stakes. To them, human lives are less than nothing, just pieces on a board.

Because of her boyfriend Kian's sacrifice, she's operating under the mysterious Harbinger's aegis, but his patronage could prove as fatal as the opposition. Raw from deepest loss, she's terrified over the deal Kian made for her. Though her very public enemies keep sending foot soldiers--mercenary monsters committed to her destruction--she's not the one playing under a doom clock. Kian has six months...unless Edie can save him. And this is a game she can't bear to lose.



 Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton

 Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars in this soapy, drama-packed novel featuring diverse characters who will do anything to be the prima at their elite ballet school.

Gigi, Bette, and June, three top students at an exclusive Manhattan ballet school, have seen their fair share of drama. Free-spirited new girl Gigi just wants to dance—but the very act might kill her. Privileged New Yorker Bette's desire to escape the shadow of her ballet star sister brings out a dangerous edge in her. And perfectionist June needs to land a lead role this year or her controlling mother will put an end to her dancing dreams forever. When every dancer is both friend and foe, the girls will sacrifice, manipulate, and backstab to be the best of the best.






Today I have a physical ARC that I got from the author's assistant and that might even count as my first ARC request ever, this one I'm only reading during the day because I fear how creepy the first book was and I think that Public Enemies will be even worse!

Then I've also started this month's book for the Reader's Lounge Book Club, and it's making me very happy I never got too serious about ballet! Oi!

And I'm also reading a 2016 ARC that I'm loving to pieces and that once I'm done I'll probably be pushing on every single one of you, but for now my lips are sealed!
  
So what are you all guys reading and how and why did you decide to pick up that book? Shiny new ARC? Comfort read? Scheduled for review? Must have new release? Tell me!!  

16 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Tiny Pretty Things was about ballet! As a lighting tech I didn't always shows for rock bands, I also did some theater based things and was a tech for a local ballet company for a couple of years. Dancers are a colorful bunch, and I can see where there would be a lot of book fodder based on their lives. Ha! Thanks for TMTing lovely lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, serious professional ballet is super competitive!

      Delete
  2. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT SUPER SECRET ARC IS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Woot! If Public Enemies is scarier than the first book, then please sign me up :D I was hoping that the second book will be scarier because I just want my pants to be pissed off due to fright (don't mind me, I live dangerously that way haha). Also you're making me so curious about that 2016 read!!! O_O Is it contemporary? Fantasy? You must tell us that, at the very least :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2016 is a mystery/thriller!! =D
      And I'll let you know how Public Enemies is as soon as I have some more time to read!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for your thoughts on Public Enemies Pili! I loved Mortal Danger and can't wait to see how this whole story unfolds. Ann Aguirre never disappoints:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, Public Enemies. That would certainly did disappoint, at least, for me! Though I am very excited to read the third book, after the ending of Public Enemies o_O I'm currently reading an adult one by a favorite author, In Her Defense by Julianna Keyes!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! I hope it won't disappoint me as much then!

      Delete
    2. I'm reading Firewalker by Josephine Angelini right now, and I love the series so much!! Public Enemies does look really creepy *shivers* I've heard Tiny Pretty Things is really revenge-y and dark. I hope you enjoy your books!

      Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

      Delete
    3. Thank you Rachel! Cannot wait to start Firewalker myself!

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of Public Enemies before but it looks creepy! I've heard great things about tiny Pretty Little Things. Great TBR - looking forward to what you think about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get to finishing them soon, too busy to read much as of late!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous post Pili. <3 Ah. Best of luck with Public Enemies :) I had to DNF it. Which I just about never do. Ugh. It kind of really sucked, sad face :( So curious to know what you think of it :D Happy reading sweetie. <3 Hope you are having a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear Public Enemies really didn't work for you sweetie!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!