Monday is here again, and I start the week trying to sleep to recover enough for yet another night shift tonight!
For this gloomy Monday I wanna share I recipe I really like. I like eating healthy and loads of veggies, but spinach isn't my fave one to eat, even if it's a very recommendable one for its high iron content. This recipe is a good option to eat more veggies in a yummy way!
Spinach Burgers (Non-vegan)
- 1/2 kg spinach
- 300 gr cottage cheese
- grated cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes (to serve with)
- Wash the spinach, drain and cut them in tiny thin pieces. Peel & cut the onion and garlic cloves and saute in a pan with two tablespoons of olive oil for about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Clean the carrot and cut the ends, then grate it and reserve. Mash the cottage cheese in bowl. Add to it the spinach, 2 tablespoon of grated cheese, the sauteed onion & garlic and the egg, beaten. Add salt to taste, and add breadcrumbs until you get the mix compact enough.
- Form balls with the mixture and make them into burgers with your hands. Fry them in a non-stick pan with only a little oil for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve them with the cherry tomatoes.