Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Books are a girl's best friends

I'm sure you've all heard that "Diamonds are a girl's best friends", well, in this particular's girl's case, books are my best friends.

And so today for my Thankful Thursday I'm going to say thank you to all the books I've read and loved, that made me laugh, that made me cry, that made me cringe and that in one way or another have made me feel.

I want to say thank you all the writers that have shared with us their experiences and the worlds inside their heads, writing a book is first and foremost as any other part of the arts, a labor of love, so thank you for having stories for us to read.

Thank you to all the books I've read, regardless of the genre, for inspiring me, for making me a citizen of the world, for expanding my horizons, for improving my Spanish and my English, and for always being those friends I can count on to hide from the world and from my own mind when everything gets to be too much for me to deal with. Thank you for being there to help me cope and thank you for giving me all sort of worlds to lose myself to, to live a thousand lives, to dream a thousand dreams.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I am a HUGE reader and feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it all perfectly. :) Books are my best friends too, and I love every way they have made my life better. I can't imagine not reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Qué maravilloso, Pili! Siento exactamente lo mismo. Gracias a los libros por hacernos vivir miles de vidas y hacernos libres. Suscribo cada una de tus palabras.

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!