Well, well, well. Finally we're back to normal, back to work, and back to a normal blogging schedule.
And to kick start the week right, nothing better than a yummy recipe to get us to start the week right with today's Monday Munchies!
As usual, it's a recipe from the Easy Cooking magazine!
Even Gaurav liked it, and he's not big on veggies!
Honey Chicken With Veggies
- 800 gr chicken breast
- 1 fairly big chive
- 1 leek
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 200 gr green beans
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon and its zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- olive oil
- a few black peppercorns
- Clean and cut the chicken into thin stripes, marinate them for at least 30 min in the fridge with a marinade made with the lemon juice & zest, a bit of olive oil and the peppercorns. A word of advice, if you don't appreciate crunching on peppercorns while eating, I'd recommend you count them at this stage and also when getting the chicken out of the marinade.
- Scrape the carrots, cut the ends of the zucchini and clean the beans; wash and cut everything into thin stripes/sticks. Then boil the beans in salted water for 5 min and drain them. Clean the chive & leek and slice them.
- Saute the chive & leek in a pan with a little oil for about 5 min. Add the carrots and beans, and saute them on high heat and stirring them often for another 2 to 3 minutes, then add the zucchini. Add salt to taste, and after 2 more minutes, remove the veggies from the pan and reserve.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and brown the garlic clove, previously cleaned & minced. Add the chicken drained from the marinade (and if you're like me, without the peppercorns!) and saute it. Add what's left of the marinade and the honey. Finally add back the veggies, saute everything together for a minute and serve.