Happy Friday (for those who have the weekend off)!
Yesterday I promised you a blog entry today about the chocolate cupcakes and here I am, going to fulfill the promise!
These amazing chocolate cupcakes are made with only the cupcake part of the AMAZING recipe for Mocha Cheesecake Cupcakes that the brilliant Tom from TokyoTombola sent me along with my fruit cozies! I have to say this recipe is the one that has made me fall in love with baking & cupcakes!
This recipe calls for cocoa powder, and since a while ago I got myself an amazing set for the chocolate lovers from Flying Bird Botanicals with three organic cacaos: Chokola, Cacao Especial & Lavender Mint Cacao, so I decide to go and try using the Cacao Especial, and damn, it does give it a super nice touch! I'm thinking of also using the other two, the Chokola to give it a bit of a more spicy taste, and the Lavender one, just because! Can you tell I like making these cupcakes?
Here goes the recipe!:
Tom's amazing chocolate cupcakes!
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 25 g demerara sugar
- 125 g butter (unsalted) room temperature
- 50 g cacao powder
- 60 ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- Line a 12 muffin tin with the muffin/cupcake cases.
- Put the over on 180ºC/350ºF ready to put tin on middle rack
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Mix in cocoa powder
- Mix in flour
- Mix in milk, beat until smooth.
- Divide mixture between muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine are ready at 20 min) or until a toothpick inserted comes clean/ they spring back to the touch.
You could always frost them, but I love them as they are, and so did my sis-in-law, brother and nephews that devoured them too fast yesterday for me to take pics!
Confession: I was too busy eating with them to take the pics too! ;)